It'd make a great going-away gift for someone heading off on their travels. You could also embroider or personalise the outer piece of fabric before stitching it together.
You will need:
- 2 pieces of fabric measuring 10cm x 25 cm
- 5mm elastic about 37cm in length (cut it a bit longer and then check before you sew)
- 10cm by 25cm piece of wadding
- pattern for eye piece, which you can find here.
1. Using the pattern, cut two shapes in your fabric and one piece in wadding.
2. Stack as follows: wadding, fabric right side up, pin elastic as shown in photo and as indicated on pattern, then final fabric piece wrong side up. Pin in place.
3. Leaving a 1.5" opening and using a 1cm seam allowance, sew around the outside of your work.
4. Clip/pink edges.
5. Turn inside out through the opening. Poke out edges (my poking device of choice is usually a knitting needle).
7. Blind stitch opening.
8. Sleep in peace!