For this very simple iPhone case you will need:
- Small pieces of fabric
- Sewing machine and thread
You can make this for other phones easily by measuring the phone and adding a couple of centimetres for sides and seam allowance. It's made to have two handy little pockets either side for cards or other bits and pieces. You can leave these out or just have one...it's up to you!
1. Cut 2 pieces of fabric 8.5cm wide and 13.5cm long (this is for an iPhone 4/4S; for iPhone 5 add 1 cm to length). These are the black pieces and they will be referred to as the 'long' pieces. Cut 2 pieces of fabric 8.5cm wide and 9.5cm long. These are the patterned pieces and will be referred to as the 'short' pieces.
2. Turn, press, pin and stitch one of the shorter sides of both short pieces of fabric.
3. Stack your fabric pieces as follows: long piece right side up, short piece right side up, short piece wrong side up, long piece wrong side up.
4. Pin and stitch, leaving the top end open.
5. You can check at this point that the sleeve fits your phone snugly, and re-stitch seams if necessary. Then trim corners.
6. Turn raw edge down, press and stitch. If too fiddly to do by machine you can do this by hand.
7. Turn inside out. Press. Ta da!